Jesse Adam Lloyd
Jesse Lloyd is a certified specialist in immigration and nationality law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is past chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California chapter, and a current chair of the UC Davis Immigration Clinic Alumni Council.
Mr. Lloyd practices all areas of immigration law, with an emphasis on removal, naturalization and family-based immigration. He frequently appears before the immigration court, Board of Immigration Appeals and United States Court of Appeals. A longtime Californian, Mr. Lloyd also worked for three years in New York, where he successfully litigated a precedent-setting decision in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Lloyd has spoken at national, state, and local seminars for immigration attorneys, and contributed expertise to newspaper and television. Prior to becoming chair of AILA Northern California, he served other board positions, and was as a liaison to the immigration court, Customs and Border Protection, and Citizenship and Immigration Services. He was also the chapter's first pro bono coordinator and a member of the AILA national New Members Division Steering Committee.
In addition to his work with Bean + Lloyd and AILA, Mr. Lloyd is an active member of his community. He provides pro bono legal services to multiple non-profit agencies, and has coached youth sports. Further, Mr. Lloyd is on the board of directors for Tax-Aid, an organization which provides free tax preparation for thousands of Bay Area residents.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- California, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, Chair, 2011 - 2012
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California Chapter, Various Positions, 2003 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Centro Legal de La Raza, Oakland CA; Volunteer Attorney and Mentor
- April 2009 AILA NorCal Citizenship Day; Event Co-Coordinator
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center; Mentor Attorney
- Tax-Aid (Board Member); King Hall Immigration Clinic Alumni Council
- Centro Legal de La Raza Clinic volunteer and mentor attorney