Jesse Adam Lloyd
Jesse Lloyd is a certified specialist in immigration and nationality law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is past chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Northern California chapter, and the UC Davis Immigration Clinic Alumni Council.
Mr. Lloyd practices exclusively immigration law, with an emphasis on removal, naturalization and family-based immigration. He represents clients before the Department of Homeland Security, immigration court, Board of Immigration Appeals and federal court. A longtime Californian, Mr. Lloyd also worked for three years in New York, where he successfully litigated a precedent-setting decision in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
In addition to providing immigration insights for television and other media, Mr. Lloyd has spoken at numerous national, state, and local seminars for immigration attorneys. He has served in many national and local liaison positions to agencies including Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection and Citizenship and Immigration Services. He was also the chapter's first pro bono coordinator and a member of the AILA national New Members Division Steering Committee.
Mr. Lloyd has been named a "Super Lawyer" by the rating service since 2013, an honor given to no more than 5% of the attorneys in California. Additionally, he contributed a chapter in the 2014 book New Developments in Immigration Enforcement and Compliance.
Along with his work with Bean + Lloyd and AILA, Mr. Lloyd is an active member of his community. He provides pro bono legal services to multiple non-profit agencies, and has coached youth sports. Further, Mr. Lloyd is on the board of directors for Tax-Aid, an organization which provides free tax preparation for thousands of Bay Area residents.
Areas of Practice
Certified Legal Specialties
- Immigration and Nationality Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- California, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association:
- - Northern California Chapter board member- 2009-2012 (chair 2011-2012)
- - Immigration and Customs Enforcement National Liaison Committee- 2012-2015
- - Multiple local and national positions
- UC Davis Immigration Clinic Alumni Council:
- - Member- Chair 2013-2015
- Super Lawyers- 2013-2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Tax-Aid (Board Member)
- Coordinated AILA Northern California volunteer trip to Artesia, NM providing pro bono representation at a family detention facility
- Volunteer attorney and mentor for multiple non-profits and immigration events