Zulma Alejandra Muñoz is an Associate Attorney at Bean + Lloyd LLP. Prior to joining the firm as a full-time associate, Ms. Muñoz was hired to work for Bean + Lloyd in 2016 as a law clerk, primarily assisting attorneys in cancellation of removal cases and provisional waivers of inadmissibility.
Ms. Muñoz received her Juris Doctor from the USF School of Law in 2018. She participated in the Immigration Policy Clinic and the Immigration and Deportation Defense Clinic where she worked with unaccompanied minors from Central America as well as with clients in need of representation to obtain post-conviction relief. In 2016, she traveled with the clinic to the South Texas Family Residential Center (Dilley) to work directly with detained immigrant mothers and children.
Ms. Muñoz received her B.A. from University of California, Berkeley in 2012. While there, she volunteered with Educators for Fair Consideration to help undocumented youth learn about possible immigration options. She is currently a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association Northern California Chapter, the Alameda County Bar Association, and the National Lawyers Guild Bay Area. Ms. Muñoz is a member of the California Bar.
Ms. Muñoz is a first-generation Latina, Spanish speaker, and Oakland native. She is passionate about conducting Know Your Rights trainings for undocumented families in the East Bay.
Areas Of Practice
- Immigration law, emphasizing in removal defense and family-based immigration
- California, 2019
- U.S. District Court, 2019
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- UC Berkeley, Berkeley, California
Honors and Awards
- Agnes O'Brien Smith Scholarship Recipient, 2017
- Boston Immigration Law Scholarship Recipient, 2015
- California Bar Foundation Diversity Scholarship Recipient, 2015
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Ethics Coordinator, 2019 to Present
- Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA), 2019 to Present
- National Lawyers Guild (NLG) Bay Area, 2019 to Present
- Immigration Policy Clinic, Member
- Immigration and Deportation Defense Clinic, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Dreamer Fund Non-Profit, 2016 to Present
- Know Your Rights trainings in the East Bay